It is my great honor to serve as president of this university where every single person matters. The Heidelberg family is the heartbeat of Heidelberg University.
Allow me to share with you what I’ve learned that distinguishes Heidelberg from other institutions.
- Heidelberg is a place of great tradition. Since our founding in 1850, we have remained committed to provide a quality education in the liberal arts tradition. We weave that educational philosophy through all of our pre-professional programs as well.
- Academic excellence and the total student experience are at our core. These remain our top priorities for all of our students. They also drive the largest fundraising effort in Heidelberg’s history – the $75 million transformational Academic Comprehensive Campaign for Excellence.
- Heidelberg’s faculty has great passion and distinction. Our faculty members excel in the classroom, but they serve as more than teachers. They are researchers, often collaborating with students. They are mentors, often serving as advisors to student groups and individuals. They build strong personal relationships with students because they care for them. Simply, they go above and beyond on a daily basis.
- Heidelberg is filled with distinctive learning opportunities. From music and business education that began here in the 1880s, through international learning opportunities in Germany and China over the last 50 years, to special programs in our own Cadaver Lab and the Life of the Mind Honors Program, we offer a lot of very distinctive learning opportunities to students.
- Our campus landscape continues to improve. Since 2010, the university has built or renovated nine facilities. Each of these projects speaks to an enhanced experience for our students as they prepare for a good life and good work.
- This school is a great place to work. Everyone matters, everything makes a difference, everybody cares about our students, everywhere on campus things are transforming and improving. We are becoming a better, bigger, stronger and smarter institution. We like working here.
If you are a prospective student for undergraduate or graduate studies, I hope that you will explore our website for resources about our excellent academic offerings as well as the many co-curricular opportunities that will lead you to a life of purpose with distinction. For our thousands of alumni, we encourage you to use the website to stay informed, involved and connected to Heidelberg. You are our lifeblood, and we value your loyalty and support.
Yes, Everyone Matters … Heidelberg IS Rising! I invite you to visit campus, experience our energy and discover for yourself the value of a Heidelberg education. We are rising together because we love Heidelberg!
As always, if we can provide additional information or answer specific questions you might have about this special place, we would be pleased to speak with you.
I look forward to meeting you on campus!
Robert H. Huntington, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Business