The cybersecurity minor provides an introduction to key concepts in computer, network, and information systems security from both the managerial and technical perspectives. This minor complements our computer science major and information systems major.
Our Partnership with Google
Heidelberg is one of only five colleges and universities selected nationally to collaborate with Google to offer three courses in their Applied Computing Series. Learn more about the course series in data science and machine learning and how it will impact your career options.
Minor in Cybersecurity
• CPS 201: Computational Problem Solving
• CPS 325: Data Communications and Networking
• CPS 345: Computer and Network Security
• IST 320: Issues in Information Systems Security
• IST 340: System and Network Administration
• MTH 119: Statistics or a higher level math course
• POL 313: National Security Investigations or POL 389: Intelligence Operations