The Center for Teaching Excellence at Heidelberg University enables and encourages student-centered success across the entire curriculum through the development and deployment of best practices in faculty teaching and student learning for all faculty.
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) provides teaching consultations, group programs and technology workshops for faculty members to enhance the Heidelberg classroom experience. Evolving student expectations and advances in technology create the need for faculty to evaluate their teaching and pedagogy to best serve students. Through the center, faculty are able to benefit from cross-disciplinary viewpoints and best practices.
CTE will meet with individual faculty members to brainstorm ideas for improving courses, assist with gathering student feedback, or set up teaching observations.
Mid-semester course check-in
- Individual Course Consultation
- Developmental Teaching Observations
Group programs consist of Cohort Programs, group workshops, and online trainings and resources.
- New Faculty Orientation
- New Faculty Mentoring Program
- Annual Faculty Learning Community
- Academic Advising Training: Using Degreeworks
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Series
- Teaching Students with Disabilities Series
Technology workshops can be arranged for individuals or departments.
- When to Use Technology: SAMR Model Workshop
- Using Technology to Promote Student Engagement
- Using Technology to Flip Your Class
- Using Technology for Formative Assessment
- Teaching With Technology Idea Share