A dynamic checklist is now available in OASIS. The list below gives you an overview of forms and steps that will need to be completed.
Net ID / Email
First, all new students must set-up a Heidelberg email account. The Net ID provides access to various accounts on campus, including your University email account, your campus home drive, access to Moodle (the University's learning management system) and secure access to the University's wireless network. All communication from the university will be sent to the student email account.
Register for Orientation
All new students must register for an orientation session. To register, you must be signed into OASIS. Orientation will prepare you for your new academic adventure while facilitating scheduling and offer adjustment strategies to your new social life on campus. It is designed to deliver the most important information you need as a new student, as well as integrating you into the Heidelberg University community.
Checklist 1: New Student Orientation Preparation
Complete prior to attending orientation.
Foreign Language Placement Test
If you have previous experience in a foreign language, plan to take this placement test prior to Orientation to determine your level of placement into Heidelberg’s General Education Curriculum language requirement. If you do not have language experience or you are transferring in credit, you will need to declare so. Access to the placement exams/declaration questions are in OASIS.
Math Placement Test
Determine your readiness to take each of the various introductory level mathematics courses available at Heidelberg University. This will need to be completed before Orientation. You must be logged into OASIS to take the Math Placement test. Students who have transfer credit for a specific math course (MTH 115, 121, 210, 222) are exempt from taking this placement test, but must still log in to confirm the credit.
Academic Interests Survey
All students should carefully answer these questions. The Academic Advising Specialists in the Owen Center and faculty will be using this information in a variety of ways to ensure that your first semester at Heidelberg University is a smooth and enjoyable one. Please give us your best, most informed answers at this point and time...there are not right or wrong answers! The information you provide here, your educational background, and your conversations with advisors and faculty during orientation will be used to develop your tentative fall class schedule. You will be contacted by the Owen Center when your schedule is ready to view.
Checklist 2: Financial Aid, Housing, and Health Forms
These forms can be completed any time before moving in this fall.
- Tuition Payment Plan - Heidelberg is pleased to offer three plans for payment of tuition, fees, and room & board. Regardless of the plan you choose, completion of a payment plan form is required prior to the student attending class. The form will be mailed to you with your financial aid package; it must be returned to the Financial Aid Office by August 1st along with your payment.
- Emergency Contacts - Please update your emergency contacts in OASIS.
- My Housing - Heidelberg has a residency requirement. If you plan to live on campus, visit MyHousing in OASIS to complete a housing application. MyHousing is also used to choose roommates and to make room selections at specified times. Find more information on timelines and processes.
- Commuter Student Application - If you plan to commute, submit the Request for Commuter Status, to the Campus Life Office prior to attending Orientation. Adult students are exempt from completing this form.
- Health Forms - You must complete a series of health forms with Stoner Health Center in the electronic medical records portal. General information about health services and immunization requirements can be found here.
- Meal Plan - All students living on campus are required to have a meal plan. Meal plans are also available for commuter students.
Checklist 3: Campus Information
The following are available after July 10.
College Student Inventory
For Fall admits only. The College Student Inventory (CSI) is an online survey taken by first-time students prior to their arrival at Heidelberg. By taking the survey, students communicate their anxieties, questions, hopes, goals and plans for the college experience. Information from the survey provides a plan to support success during the first year of college. The College Student Inventory (CSI) must be completed before move in day.
Think About It
Designed to minimize risks associated with alcohol, drugs, and sexual violence, Think About It is a research-based, comprehensive training program that empowers you to make healthy choices. It prepares you for the unique challenges and responsibilities of college life. Students will receive an email from CampusClarity with login instructions. If you are experiencing difficulties, please call the Office of Student Engagement at 419-448-2207.
These are not mandatory, but are helpful.
TouchNet On-line Payment
The payment gateway is a safe and secure way to make tuition payments either by ACH (electronic check) or by credit card (MasterCard, Discover or American Express). Provide access to a parent or guardian who is responsible for making payments. You must be logged into OASIS to access the on-line payment venue.
All Heidelberg students must register their vehicles annually within the first five days of their first class. Failure to register a vehicle will result in a $50.00 fine and/or disciplinary action. Upon completion of the registration in OASIS, the vehicle hanger can be acquired at the Business Office by showing your picture ID. Vehicle registration becomes available after July 1st.
BergSync is a central hub for you to create and find out about opportunities for involvement on and off campus. BergSync keeps track of all the activities, events, community service hours, groups that you attend and swipes in with your student ID. This record of attendance in called an Involvement Record. Login in to BergSync to activate your account and find out more about campus events and activities!