Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Academic Advising Specialist in the Academic Affairs division. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
The Academic Advising Specialist is a first point of contact for new and incoming Heidelberg students and provides direct academic advising services. Person in this position will use holistic advising techniques to foster academic success and persistence toward degree completion. The Academic Advising Specialist report to the Director of Academic Advising.
- A Master’s degree complemented by two (2) to three (3) years of professional employment experience with higher education in an advising, mentoring, or leadership role.
- Demonstrated academic advising experience at the college level.
- Possess a strong understanding of academic support programming and initiatives including learning and studying strategies / learning styles / time management
- Possess knowledge of the nature and treatment of learning abilities.
- Demonstrated successful experience with the development and delivery of student academic support service systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications relevant to student information systems.
- Ability to work both independently and contribute to a team environment while effectively managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional self-motivation, creativity, and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally, effectively, and in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.