Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified Academic Advising candidates in the Academic Affairs division. We are seeking qualified candidates, passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, to help build a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University has a need for student-centered personnel to fill the following position:
Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with a mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Individuals who value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred candidates for Heidelberg’s vacant positions. Additionally, we are seeking faculty and staff who want to contribute to the University’s initiatives to improve our student recruitment, engagement, retention, success, persistence, graduation, and placement.
The Owen Center for Academic and Career Support is a first point of contact for new and incoming Heidelberg students and provides direct academic advising services. The position in the Center use holistic advising techniques to foster academic success and persistence toward degree completion. The position reports to the Associate Vice President for Student Success.
The successful candidates will have academic advising experience and qualifications, including:
- A Master’s degree complemented by two (2) to three (3) years of professional employment experience with higher education in an advising, mentoring, or leadership role.
- Demonstrated academic advising experience at the college level.
- Possess a strong understanding of academic support programming and initiatives including learning and studying strategies / learning styles / time management
- Possess knowledge of the nature and treatment of learning abilities.
- Demonstrated successful experience with the development and delivery of student academic support service systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computer applications relevant to student information systems.
- Ability to work both independently and contribute to a team environment while effectively managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional self-motivation, creativity, and energy to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to interact professionally, effectively, and in collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
In addition, the ideal candidates will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.