Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, and building a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University seeks a dynamic individual(s) to fill the position of Adjunct Instructor of Media. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
An adjunct instructor of Media provides instruction to undergraduate students. Adjunct instructors can teach up to 3 courses per semester based upon department need. This position reports directly to the Chair of the Department of Communication & Media.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications, and abilities, including:
- Completed graduate degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university; Ph.D. or ABD preferred.
- At least two years of college-level teaching (theory and application) experience, including courses such as digital storytelling, video, and audio editing, and animation and effects.
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, and Photoshop.
- Commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Preference given to those with experience advising student run radio and TV stations and newspaper.
Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a list of professional references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Official graduate transcripts will be required of the finalist. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, institutional budgetary restrictions will not allow us to sponsor visas.
For consideration, complete the online application.