Heidelberg University seeks candidates for the position of Admission Counselor. This position is a full-time, 12-month administrative support staff position. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction. There are two positions openings available.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Admission, the Admission Counselor position will be responsible for the recruitment of traditional and/or non-traditional domestic students from a designated territory and under a designated set of academic majors. This position will also be a significant contributor to obtaining targeted goals in recruitment, application, and admission.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- Earned bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- One (1) to three (3) years successful experience in a recruiting and/or admission setting.
- Previous experience in a small, liberal arts institution and/or working knowledge of Slate CRM is preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with a positive work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently as well as cooperatively in a team setting.
- Exceptional self-motivation, integrity, and creativity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and balance competing priorities.
- Must be able to work evenings and some weekends and travel extensively in the fall and spring.
- In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
How to Apply
Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references, and copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts. In addition, a statement of teaching philosophy/teaching experience which incorporates how the candidate includes diversity, equity, and inclusion into the classroom and/or advising assignments, and a statement of research interests should be submitted. Review of candidates will begin March 2, 2021, and will continue until the positions have been filled. Official graduate transcripts will be required of the finalist. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, institutional budgetary restrictions will not allow us to sponsor visas.
For consideration, complete the online application.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Preferred candidates value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.