Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified applicants for an Assistant Women’s Volleyball Coach. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg is a NCAA Division III institution, a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference and its 18 varsity teams have achieved success at the conference, regional, and national levels. The Assistant Coach works under the direct supervision of their Head Coach and under the general supervision of the Director of Athletics. This is a full-time 12 month position.
- Coordinate student athlete records and files as required to ensure all athletic activities are in compliance with policies and regulations of the NCAA, Ohio Athletic Conference and Heidelberg University.
- Assists with the preparation of analyses of opponent teams; may analyze statistics and tactical data of opponents and prepare accordingly.
- Assists with team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; consults with the Head Coach and / or the Athletic Director for resolution of issues as required.
- Assists in the recruitment of student athletes. Performs recruitment activities in assigned geographical area and coordinates appropriate with Admissions personnel.
- Makes recommendations for strategy and equipment.
- Represent Heidelberg University Athletics in professional, civic, charity and alumni events.
- Ensures gender equity, diversity, and inclusion in all athletic programs.
- Participate and provide leadership, as assigned, in camps to provide a community service to area youth.
- Coordinate and communicate the weight training and fitness program for both in-season and off-season performance.
- Teach appropriate classes as determined by the Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost.
- Other duties as required or assigned in support of the University’s mission and core values.
A bachelor’s degree is required; prior college coaching experience is preferred. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: travel, budget management, scheduling, fundraising, oversight of assistant graduate assistant coaches, and public relations. The position will also involve secondary administrative and physical education responsibilities within the department.
For consideration, complete the online application.