Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, and building a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University seeks a dynamic individual to fill the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Business/Management. There are 2 faculty positions available (one tenure track and one multi-year contract; initial faculty rank will be determined based on relevant qualifications and expertise). Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
The Assistant / Associate Professor of Business/Management provides instruction and advisement to both undergraduate and graduate students. This faculty appointment includes a full-time teaching load of 24 credit hours per year in addition to office hours, student advising, committee work, continuing scholarly activity and opportunities for professional development related to teaching and to the academic field. The position, will start in August 2021, and reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business & Technology, Adams Family Foundation Endowed Chair.
The successful candidates will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- Earned Ph.D from an AACSB-accredited institution or Ed.D in business education with substantial focus on community-focused general business topics and management/leadership/organizational behavior, preferred along with relevant professional (non-academic) experience. Individuals with doctorates in closely-related areas combined with substantive, relevant work experience in business management will also be considered.
- Potential for, or evidence of, effective and innovative teaching, at the university level.
- Ability to develop curriculum and assess learning outcomes to improve the design and teaching of courses spanning a multiple subfields in general business, management, and leadership including Business and Community, Business Communication with Digital Literacy, Skills for Leaders and Managers, Human Resource Management, Project Management, Global/Local Environments of Business, Business Development, Innovation and Change, MBA Ethical Leadership and Communication, and Integrating Capstone Courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Expressed and demonstrated respect and sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of a diverse student body.
- Demonstrated knowledge and evidence of success using formalized academic assessment of learning outcomes for program improvement and student success.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a professional liberal arts mission within a small campus community.
- Demonstrated business/management/leadership experience in for-profit or non-profit organization(s) that clearly build connections to communities and stakeholders, particularly underserved constituents.
- Demonstrated engagement in scholarly and professional development activities including appropriate research, publication and presentation required to maintain academic/accreditation qualifications for the individual and for the university.
- Demonstrated community-engaged learning approach (or interest in developing) that builds connections through local partnerships, service learning and volunteerism, projects to address social challenges through business solutions, social entrepreneurship/social enterprise, triple bottom line, sustainability, and holistic career preparation through high-impact practices for students.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement activities.
- Willingness to participate in campus responsibilities and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus locations.
- Ability and flexibility to accept instructional assignments during the day, evenings, and /or weekends.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept summer teaching assignments.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate education / training and professional certification programs.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent relevant interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor along with willingness to contribute ideas and take initiative.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
How to Apply
Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a list of three professional references, and copies of graduate and undergraduate transcripts. In addition, a statement of teaching philosophy/teaching experience which incorporates how the candidate includes diversity, equity, and inclusion into the classroom and/or advising assignments, and a statement of research interests should be submitted. Review of candidates will begin March 2, 2021, and will continue until the positions have been filled. Official graduate transcripts will be required of the finalist. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, institutional budgetary restrictions will not allow us to sponsor visas.
For consideration, complete the online application.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Preferred candidates value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.