Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is a dynamic individual to fill the position of Director of Academic Assessment and Effectiveness. This is a 12-month administrative position. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
The Director of Academic Assessment & Effectiveness will lead 1) the development and implementation of effective assessment tools in support of departmental learning objectives, accreditation needs, and university wide academic and curricular development, and 2) institutional research with an internal and external evaluation, including market research, in support of the University’s Strategic Action Plan. The Director will encourage a culture of evidence throughout the University and will contribute to Heidelberg’s transformation, improvement and growth by playing a key role in developing assessment tools, data collection and analysis, and interpretation of analysis to facilitate strategic planning and academic program development. This full-time position will be the central point of contact for departmental, institutional and external data analysis and reporting to allow for continued assessment of institutional effectiveness.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- Advanced degree and significant experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods and statistics with 2-4 years of successful relevant experience.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Technology skills to utilize spreadsheets, statistical analysis, reporting and presentation software proficiently.
- Willingness to participate and engage in responsibilities, campus efforts and activities during the day, evenings, and /or weekends at both on-campus and off-campus in order to be part of a community that supports education excellence and student success.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
- A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application. Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and professional references.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.