Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the immediate need for a Director of Multicultural Student Affairs. This position is in the University Student Affairs department. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Reporting to the Dean of Student Affairs, the Director of Multicultural Student Affairs is responsible for developing and facilitating programs and services to build an inclusive campus, to support the efforts for recruiting, retaining and graduating diverse students; and, to educate, improve awareness, respect, and appreciation of multiculturalism and diversity to contribute a positive campus climate. This position works collaboratively with a wide variety of administrative and academic departments across the university community to promote programs and strategies which complement underrepresented students’ overall academic experience in order to help them retain and graduate.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- A bachelor’s degree in multicultural affairs, student personnel, counseling or related field, and 2-4 years of successful student affairs experience multicultural and diversity education inclusive of campus and community leadership and commitment to the development of diverse student populations.
- Ability to assess program needs and develop and coordinate new programming initiatives.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity in all its forms, including a track record of individual action and institutional programming.
- Excellent written communication skills, and the ability to speak persuasively to a variety of audiences, including students, parents, faculty, and alumni.
- A demonstrated leadership style that builds confidence in staff, promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- A tolerance for ambiguity and a willingness to manage diverse and frequently changing assignments, particularly the ability to do so with a positive attitude and a sense of humor in a high-task environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to serve as a member of the campus on-call response team comprising of evening, night, and weekend on-call duty (rotational).
- Experience with budgetary and fiscal management of programming and organization funds and accounts.
- Ability and commitment to advocating for student success.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and professional references.
How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.