Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, seeks qualified candidates for the position of HVAC Technician in the Facilities/Maintenance division of the Business Affairs department. Heidelberg offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
The HVAC Technician is a support/essential personnel level position. The HVAC Technician performs a variety of general and skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of campus heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities and performs preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment in accordance with established standards and instruction to meet the requirements and needs of the University in support of the its mission. This position is considered essential and is required to provide services in emergencies as determined by University Administration.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience and qualifications, including:
- Aptitude for safety, safe work practices, good housekeeping and continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend common vocabulary.
- Ability to understand basic blueprint design.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to multi-task a myriad of assignments and projects.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Above average oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work an altered or extended schedule when projects or deadlines require.
- A commitment to support the University’s mission and values.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work. The successful candidate will hold a high school diploma or equivalent and a Journeyman level HVAC license, certification, or equivalent documented training or experience. A valid driver’s license is required. A minimum of one (1) year of full-time HVAC work experience is required. HVAC maintenance work and experience in multi-facility environments is preferred.
A completed application and resume are required for consideration. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
For consideration, complete the online application.