Athletic Team Physician
Athletic Training Department
Andrew J. Gase, M.D., is an allopathic physician who practices Family Medicine based on research, evidence based clinical guidelines and judgment while dealing with the complexities of the entire human body.
Dr. Gase holds a leadership role at Heidelberg University as an acting Athletic Team Physician. As Athletic Team Physician, he oversees management and provision of health care of athletes in individual and team intercollegiate athletics. He provides mental and physical healthcare of Student-Athletes with the assistance of the Athletic Training Clinic and the Stoner Health & Counseling Center. Dr. Gase’s role expands into the educational realm at Heidelberg University with annual involvement as a guest lecturer with the Health Science Division, and provides opportunities for undergraduate Athletic Training students to observe physician evaluations both on campus and in his private clinic at Tiffin Mercy Hospital.
- Graduate of Tiffin Columbian High School, Heidelberg University and earned his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine
- Completed his internship and residency in the Family Medicine Center at Riverside Methodist Hospital in Columbus, Ohio
- Practiced Family Medicine in Bexley, Ohio and was the Capitol University’s college physician
- Was an Emergency Room Physician at Marion General Hospital, Marion, Ohio
- Is Board Certified by the American Board of Family Practice
- Is a preceptor for the Ohio State University Nurse Practitioner Program, the University of Toledo Nurse Practitioner Program and The University of Findlay Physician Assistant Program
- Has 25 years experience as Medical Director at various nursing homes including St. Francis Nursing Home, Autumnwood Care Center and Ruffing Family Care Center
- Community involvement includes sitting on committees at Heidelberg University and Tiffin Columbian High School. Team physician for Tiffin Columbian High School for 20 plus years.
- Coaching various sports at the local YMCA
- Is married with 4 children