If you are a student-athlete, a strong leader, and someone who wants to be able to make a change then the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is where you belong. Here you are able to make a difference on campus and in the community through community service, planning events, and are able to be part of the OAC SAAC who provides insight in NCAA voting in changing rules and regulations that affects student-athletes’ lives on the NCAA member institution campuses. Let your voice be heard in this amazing organization!
All student-athletes are welcomed and encouraged to attend meetings. SAAC meetings involve committees and speakers who concentrate on each of the five pillars of CHAMPS/Life Skills:
- Personal Development and Service
Community Service Involvement:
- Fruit Fridays: Twice a month we hand out free fruit, Gatorade, and water to students on campus to promote a healthy lifestyle and the importance of breakfast
- Christmas Toy Drive: we donate toys to the Tiffin Fire Department for their Toy Drive
- Ronald McDonald House: throughout each school year we collect pop tabs for the Ronald McDonald House
- Volunteered at the Special Olympics
Our biggest event we host is the Siggy Awards: the Siggy’s recognize on-field and off-field excellence of Heidelberg’s student-athletes, teas, coaches, athletic trainers, student athletic trainers, and faculty/staff. In addition to the presentation of the awards, the event will feature pre-recorded segments, on-stage games, and highlight videos.