Non-Traditional Students

Whether you’re a transfer, transient, dual admission, veteran/military, adult, or undergraduate or graduate readmission student, Heidelberg offers programs and resources personalized to your unique needs—so you can take advantage of everything that HU has to offer.

Welcome to Heidelberg. We’re glad you’re here. 

Undergraduate & Graduate Readmission Students

A readmission student is a student who previously has attended Heidelberg University but was not enrolled during the most recent previous semester, including: 

  • Undergraduate students who withdrew from and were absent for a single, or multiple semesters... Apply here.
  • Graduate students who were enrolled in any of our graduate programs and reached completion or withdrew... Apply here.

If you have never completed any courses at Heidelberg, please submit a new student online application.

Transfer Students

Heidelberg strives to make the process of transferring here as easy as possible. Learn more here.

Dual Admission Students

As a Dual Admission student at Heidelberg, you’ll receive: 

  • Academic advising at both Heidelberg and your participating college
  • Student ID's at both schools will provide you with access to services
  • Notification of Heidelberg's and your college's campus events
  • The opportunity to participate in extracurricular activities at Heidelberg 


  • All general education and other non-remedial courses in which you receive a grade of "C-" or better will transfer and be applied toward fulfilling degree requirements at Heidelberg University
  • Courses you complete at Heidelberg may be applied toward your Associate's Degree

Learn more about Dual Admission here.

Transient Students

A transient student (or "visiting student") is a student who is enrolled at Heidelberg as well as at enrolled  another regionally accredited college or university, and taking classes there that will contribute to  their degree at their home institution. This may happen when students want to continue their education through the summer semester, but don't live near their home college. After receiving approval from your home institution, you may apply here to enroll at HU as a transient student.

Adult Students

Heidelberg University understands that going to college as an adult can be exciting—and challenging. Adult students enrich the classroom experience and add diversity to our campus community. As an adult learner, you will be welcome here at Heidelberg. Whether you’re a returning student or brand new to college, Heidelberg is here to guide you toward success with resources that help adult learners to get the most out of their educational journey. 

While adult students are those 23 and older, younger students who have had a break in their education due to life circumstances or who are married and/or have dependents can also apply as an adult.

To apply, you must submit the following documents:

  • Application for Adult Undergraduate Admission - Apply Online
  • Final high school transcripts and/or official copy of your GED
  • Official transcripts from all colleges attended—To be official, transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to Heidelberg University. Adult transfer students should request that all college transcripts be sent at the time of application. An updated official transcript will then need to be requested to include final grades for coursework in which you are currently enrolled or will be enrolled prior to starting at Heidelberg.
  • Completed Personnel Dean's Data Form if you have been enrolled at another college within the past 5 years.

All transcripts should be sent directly to:
Heidelberg University
Office of Admissions
310 East Market St. Tiffin, OH 44883

Veteran and Military

Heidelberg University is consistently listed among the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that have been named Military Friendly schools by the annual survey conducted by G.I. Jobs. Learn more here.

College Credit Plus

Heidelberg participates in Ohio’s College Credit Plus program, which allows qualified high school students to take seated classes with our regular college students. Learn more about College Credit Plus here.

Upcoming Events

Recent News at Heidelberg

More Campus News