The Office of Campus Safety and Security is a support service, charged with enforcing Heidelberg University policies and regulations while maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community. The office is staffed with a full-time Director of Campus Safety & Security, three full-time Security Officers, one part-time Security Officer and Heidelberg University student officers.
The Office of Campus Safety and Security is staffed 24-hours a day seven days a week all year round and has a close working relationship with the Tiffin Police and Tiffin Fire & Rescue Division.
Campus Security Officers are not police officers and do not maintain legal authority to arrest individuals.
The university encourages anyone who believes a crime or violation of university policy has occurred to report it to either the Tiffin Police Department or Campus Security.
The office's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Securing campus buildings and facilities
• Responding to any emergency on campus
• Responding to and investigate any campus fire alarm
• Registration of student, faculty and staff member parking permits
• Enforcement of campus parking regulations
• Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
• Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
• Enforcement of Heidelberg University policies and regulations
• Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community
Safety & Security Staff
Jeff Rhoades, Director of Campus Safety & Security, Lead Title IX Investigator
University Hall C201
Rachel Huth, Senior Security Officer
Fred Todd, Security Officer
Grant Venema, Security Officer
Tom Wurm, Security Officer
Justin See, Student Security Officer
Daniel Peacock, Student Security Officer
Theresa Connors, Student Security Officer
Mya White, Student Security Officer
Howard Marusa, Student Security Officer