Heidelberg is committed to providing resources and support for all students to maintain a healthy and safe lifestyle. Through programming, student services, and new initiatives, we're constantly listening to the needs of our students and contributing to a healthy, safe, and inclusive environment.
The Safety & Security Department at Heidelberg University provides a safe and secure environment for all members of the Heidelberg University family, including students, faculty, staff and campus visitors. The department is staffed 24 hours a day all year round and has a close working relationship with both the Tiffin Police and Fire Departments.
The Campus Safety and Security Department’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Securing campus buildings and facilities
- Responding to any emergency on campus
- Responding to and investigate any campus fire alarm
- Registration of student, faculty and staff member parking permits
- Enforcement of campus parking regulations
- Providing student, faculty/staff escorts on campus
- Reporting and responding to campus maintenance situations
- Enforcement of Heidelberg University policies and regulations
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for the campus community