Heidelberg University partners with UThink to offer online classes that lead to Educator Endorsements in Reading (K-12), TESOL-Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (PK-12), and Early Childhood Generalist (4-5). UThink delivers high-quality training and education to teachers and entire school districts online all over the country. Courses are offered online in condensed 8-week sessions, as well as a summer term.
Three endorsement programs are offered to educators holding a valid teaching license. The reading endorsement allows you to teach reading to all students at any grade level, including Title II programs. The TESOL endorsement allows you to teach in any ESL classroom in the state of Ohio. The Early Childhood Generalist endorsement allows you to expand a Pk-3 teaching license to grades 4 and 5. Anyone may register for the courses as electives or towards licensure renewal, however only licensed teachers who meet the requirements may obtain the endorsement and add it to their license.
All endorsement courses are offered each semester, which enables beginning endorsement coursework at any time of the year. Courses are offered in condensed 8-week sessions, as well as a shorter summer term. Students can register for one course, or in some cases two courses, each 8-week term. However, taking more than one course per term could prove to be challenging due to the work load and required field hours.
Fall 2021 Term 1
August 18 - October 15
- Registration opens: April 5
- Registration closes: August 13
- Classes begin: August 18
- Payment deadline: August 18
Fall 2021 Term 2
October 18 - December 16
- Registration closes: October 13
- Classes begin: October 18
- Payment deadline: October 18
Spring 2022 Term 1
January 10 - March 4
- Registration opens: November 15
- Registration closes: January 5
- Classes begin: January 10
- Payment deadline: January 10
Spring 2022 Term 2
March 14 - May 10
- Registration closes: March 9
- Classes begin: March 14
- Payment deadline: March 14
Official transcripts must be issued directly to Heidelberg from the granting institution. Applicants for the reading endorsement need to submit all transcripts that show reading or literacy courses to review the 12-hours of state mandated pre-requisite courses, with at least one Bachelor's or Master's transcript being official. Any transfer courses must also be accompanied by an official transcript. If you will not graduate before the admission deadline, we will accept an unofficial copy and then submit a final/official upon degree completion.
A copy of your Teaching License can be emailed to grad-studies [at] heidelberg.edu or uploaded to your application.
Please note that registration will close on dates listed.
- Enroll in the endorsement courses without completing the Master's degree as a graduate coursework only (non-degree) student for a discount.
- Applicants already holding a Master’s degree may complete the sequence as a graduate coursework only (non-degree) student for a discount.
- Take only the courses needed to renew a license or transfer to another university as a graduate coursework only (non-degree) student.
|Endorsement||Tuition Per Credit Hour||Tuition Per Course|
|4-5 Early Childhood||$382||$1146|
* Students enrolled in the K-12 Reading or TESOL Endorsements DO NOT receive a refund once they have registered and paid for their courses and classes have begun.