Heidelberg University partners with UThink to offer online classes that lead to Educator Endorsements in Reading (K-12), TESOL-Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (PK-12), and Early Childhood Generalist (4-5). UThink delivers high-quality training and education to teachers and entire school districts online all over the country. Courses are offered online in condensed 8-week sessions, as well as a summer term.
The endorsement programs are offered to educators holding a valid teaching license. The reading endorsement allows you to teach reading to all students at any grade level, including Title II programs. The TESOL endorsement allows you to teach in any ESL classroom in the state of Ohio. The Early Childhood Generalist endorsement allows you to expand a Pk-3 teaching license to include grades 4 and 5.
Because all endorsement courses are offered each semester, you may begin endorsement programs at any time of the year. Courses are offered in condensed 8-week sessions, as well as a shorter summer term. Students may register for one course, or in some cases two courses, each 8-week term. However, taking more than one course per term could prove to be challenging due to the work load and required field hours.
Spring 2022 Term 1
January 10 - March 4
- Registration opens: November 15
- Registration closes: January 5
- Payment deadline: January 10
- Classes begin: January 10
Spring 2022 Term 2
March 14 - May 10
- Registration closes: March 9
- Payment deadline: March 14
- Classes begin: March 14
May 23 - July 29
- Registration opens: March 21
- Registration closes: May 20
- Payment deadline: May 20
- Classes begin: May 23
Fall 2022 Term 1
August 16 - October 14
- Registration opens: April 4
- Registration closes: August 11
- Payment deadline: August 11
- Classes begin: August 16
Fall 2022 Term 2
October 17 - December 15
- Registration closes: October 12
- Payment deadline: October 12
- Classes begin: October 17
Spring 2023 Term 1
January 9 - March 3
- Registration opens: November 14
- Registration closes: January 4
- Payment deadline: January 4
- Classes begin: January 9
Spring 2023 Term 2
March 13 - May 9
- Registration closes: March 8
- Payment deadline: March 8
- Classes begin: March 13
Official transcripts must be issued directly to Heidelberg from the granting institution. Applicants for the reading endorsement need to submit all transcripts that show reading or literacy courses to review the 12-hours of state mandated pre-requisite courses, with at least one Bachelor's or Master's transcript being official. Any transfer courses must also be accompanied by an official transcript. If you will not graduate before the admission deadline, we will accept an unofficial copy for Admission purposes only. An official transcript will be required prior to program completion.
A copy of your Teaching License can be emailed to grad-studies [at] heidelberg.edu or uploaded to your application.
Please note that registration will close on dates listed.
- Applicants already holding a Master’s degree may complete the sequence as a graduate coursework only (non-degree) student for a discount.
- Take only the courses needed to renew a license or transfer to another university as a graduate coursework only (non-degree) student.
|Endorsement||Tuition Per Credit Hour||Tuition Per Course|
|4-5 Early Childhood||$382||$1146|
* Students enrolled in the K-12 Reading or TESOL Endorsements DO NOT receive a refund once they have registered and paid for their courses and classes have begun.