Gain the foundational knowledge to succeed in an HR career and establish proficiency in content areas such as business acumen and relationship management, HR development, workforce planning, compensation and benefits, labor relations, performance management, risk management and other areas.
Below are the course requirements for the Human Resource Management Major:
- MGT 200 Principles of Management
- MGT 320 Organizational Behavior
- MG 340 HR Management
- MGT 380 Total Compensation
- MGT 400 Staffing, Recruiting, & Performance
- MGT 440 Training & Development
- MGT 460 Employment & Labor Law
- MGT 480 Strategic HRM Capstone
- ACC 190 Principles of Accounting
- BUS 101 Introduction to Business
- BUS 201 Business Communication
- BUS 270 Business Analytics
- BUS 318 Business Law I
- BUS 490 Business & Community Strategy
- ECO 102 Principles of Economics
- FIN 200 Corporate Finance
- MKT 200 Principles of Marketing
- MTH 119 Statistics
- Gen Ed/Elective Courses – 66 credits
For a more detailed academic schedule, or to ask questions about any of our majors, contact the School of Business at hsb [at] heidelberg.edu or (419)-448-2280. For questions about your application contact the Admission Office at admission [at] heidelberg.edu or (419) 448-2330.
Berg Enactus is an on-campus group that promotes entrepreneurial action within the local community. Their goal is to start a chain reaction that will one day translate to a global scale. Enactus students apply what they have studied in the classroom to the real world with companies, organizations, and every day issues.
Heidelberg's PlusOneAdvantage® MBA Scholarship offers you the opportunity to add value to your undergraduate education by adding a Master of Business Administration degree.