• A minimum College/University bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and prerequisite GPA of 3.0.
• Minimum of 50 clinical observation hours under the direct supervision of a Board of Certification (BOC) and state credentialed, certified athletic trainer.
• In-person or Skype interview with MAT Faculty
Application and Admission Directions
• Completed Application*
• Pre-requisite coursework completed (unofficial transcript acceptable until completion of undergraduate coursework)
• 50 Clinical Observation hours with ATC and documentation
• 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Interview with MAT Program faculty
*Students also have the option to apply through the ATCAS (Athletic Training Centralized Application System).
Entry into the Master of Athletic Training Program involves formal application by candidates and competitive selection by the MAT admissions committee. Thus, admission of qualified applicants is not guaranteed and is competitive. Applicants must achieve the minimum acceptance score on the Heidelberg University MAT Applicant Admission Assessment form in order to be considered for acceptance. If there are more applicants who meet the minimum threshold than there are available slots in the MAT, then applicants will be rank ordered based upon their score on the Applicant Admission Assessment Form.