Video games are more than a 25-billion-dollar industry and one of the fastest growing areas of media. Knowing how to design, analyze and understand video games is important for anyone interested in a career in the video game industry or any industry using interactive media. Your coursework will cover computer programing, video game history, graphic design, game theory, storytelling, animation, and gender and violence studies of video games, as well as completing your own 2D and 3D video games.
Heidelberg’s GEM Center (Gaming, eSports, Media) offers all students the opportunity to develop skills in producing, writing, and public speaking by working with our radio and TV stations. You can appear on-air as a broadcaster, news anchor, or radio DJ. You can also work behind the scenes as a producer, writer, or cameraman.
Minor in Video Game Production
• CPS 150: Fundamentals of Computer Science
• CPS 201: Computer Programming
• COM 209: Visual Communication
• MED 126: Video Game Production
• MED 336: Advanced Video Game Production
• MED 335: Video Games, Representation, and Identity