Self-defining as a “woman” or a “man” affects nearly every aspect of an individual’s life. A minor in Women’s and Gender Studies will challenge you to examine critically the ordinarily unexamined gendered aspects of identity. You’ll learn how gender intersects with other aspects of identity, including race/ethnicity, sexuality, and class, and how gender operates within systems of power.
Why Women’s and Gender Studies?
I plan to be a lawyer specializing in civil rights, so taking women and gender studies courses are really good at keeping me aware of what is going on and the issues of marginalized groups. - Macy Zachary
Minor in Women’s and Gender Studies
• WGS 100: Introduction to Women's and Gender Studies
• WGS 300: Topics in Women's and Gender Studies
• WGS 400: Gender Theory
Select 6 semester hours from:
• ANT 200: Cultural Anthropology
• ART 112: Women in Art
• HIS 386: Women in America
• LIT 307: Literature by Women
• MED 335: Video Games, Representation, and Identity
• PSY 269: Human Sexuality
• PSY 309: Psychology of Women and Gender Development
• SOC 100: Introduction to Sociology