Heidelberg University USA provides many services to help smooth the transition for international students. The Office of International Affairs & Studies promotes intercultural understanding and global awareness through educational, social, and intercultural programming for all members of the university.
The office oversees Heidelberg’s English Language Institute and provides support services to assist international students and scholars with their transition to studying in the U.S., such as visa regulation counseling and cultural programming.
The International Affairs & Studies Office serves as your point of contact from the time you arrive in the U.S. and throughout your studies. Here are a few examples of opportunities you’ll have as an international student at Heidelberg:
- Multi-day orientation program, including help with establishing your bank account and obtaining a cell phone
- Host family program
- Annual international dinner
- Volunteer opportunities in the community
- Coffee hours
- Chinese Spring Festival potluck
- Celebrating American holidays
- Participating in World Student Union group
- Dedicated staff to assist international students
For your own safety, and to avoid traveling with a large amount of cash, please pay your tuition for your first semester prior to arriving in the U.S. Students may pay using one of the following methods:
- Paying with U.S. funds by check by mail: Please make checks payable to: Heidelberg University and mail to: Barb Gabel, Business Office, 310 E. Market Street, Tiffin, Ohio 44883.
- Paying by check online: Heidelberg University has an online payment system for bank-to-bank transfer payments. There is no charge for this system. You can only access the system through your OASIS account*
- Paying by credit card: Credit card payments can be made online by going to your OASIS account*. There is a 2.75% service fee charged to all credit card payments. Accepted credit cards: Discover, MasterCard, American Express and Visa.
- International Bank Wiring: Payments can be wired electronically directly to our bank account. Contact the Business Office at 419-448-2000 or email@example.com for information.
*You will need your Heidelberg University ID number and your OASIS password. Once you are logged into OASIS, click Student Services - Student Records - TouchNet Online Payments.
Please complete the health documents at this link prior to departure. All health forms must be submitted by August 1 for fall semester, January 1 for spring semester and April 1 for graduate summer semester.
International Student Handbook
The International Student Handbook will help answer questions you may have about Heidelberg University. A hard copy is mailed with your I-20 and acceptance packet.
Meet the Staff
International Student Recruitment
Rachel Crooks, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Affairs and Studies
Julie Arnold, Director: email@example.com