The Education Summit is designed to empower students with an opportunity to engage with leading educators. The Summit brings together education leaders from across the country, local teacher leaders, and recent Heidelberg graduates to share their inspirations in education and teaching.
Past Summit themes include:
- Assessment: Teaching to the Test or Teaching for Learning?
- Creating a Culture for Learning: What Good Teachers Do
- What Makes an Effective Teacher?
- Student Learning in Innovative and Creative Classrooms
- Full STEAM Ahead: Engaging Students in Learning
- Voices from the Classroom: How to Enhance Student Learning
Our purpose in offering the summit is to ask pre-service and in-service teachers to consider their own autonomy within the profession and their classroom teaching practices. It is critical that pre-service teachers recognize that they can shape their own teaching practices within the over tested and regulated teaching profession. The Education Summit aims to sow the seeds for reflective thinking leading to action within their own teaching.