Search articles, books, news and more
|Regular Hours (hours during academic year)|
|Monday - Thursday||7:45 AM - 11 PM|
|Friday||7:45 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||9 AM - 1 PM|
|Sunday||1 PM - 11 PM|
|Front Desk||(419) 448-2104|
|Instructional Resource Center (IRC)||(419) 448-2136|
|Interlibrary Loan||(419) 448-2108|
|Library Director||(419) 448-2106|
|University Archives||(419) 448-2087|
A Heidelberg ID card or a Beeghly Library patron card is necessary for materials to be checked out. Area residents may use the library by purchasing a Community Card; adults $5, students $2. Community members under 18-years-old must be with a parent to sign up for a card.
Loan Periods & Fines
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Renewals||Fines|
|Periodicals||Library use only||N/A||N/A|
|Government documents||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|CDs & records||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|DVDs & videos||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK books||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK media*||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|*videos, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs|
|Reserve items||set by professor||none||$.50/hour|
|Laptops||2 hours inside library||4||$.50/hour|
|Headphones and computer cables||2 hours inside library||4||$.50/hour|
- Undergraduate students may borrow a total of 50 items at a time. Graduate students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 200 items.
- Community patrons may borrow up to 5 items at a time. All materials are subject to a 24-hour recall if needed by someone in the Heidelberg community.
- Community patrons may use the library computers to do research using the library catalog, databases, and government resources.
- Items may be renewed online, by calling the library, 419-448-2104, or by bringing the item in. To renew online, click on My Account.
- Renewals can only be made within 7 days of the item’s due date. Renewals made after the item is overdue will have the amount of the fine added to the patron record.
- Renewals will be denied if a hold has been placed on an item.
Fines and Overdue Materials
- A fine of $10 or more on a patron’s record will block their account and prevent them from borrowing items or requesting items from OhioLINK.
- There is a 7 day grace period for items that circulate 21 days. Fines for items returned after that period will start from the original due date.
- Materials not returned within 30 days after the due date are considered lost and the patron will be charged a replacement fee of $125. The fine is reduced to $50 when the item is returned.
- All fines may be paid in the library. Unpaid fines are periodically sent to the Business Office and must be paid there.