PLEASE NOTE: Beeghly Library will be physically closed to the public starting Friday, March 22nd until further notice due to campus closure. Our online chat and various emails will be closely monitored to help you with any questions of concern you might have. In addition, our online resources will still be available during that time.
Search articles, books, news and more
• LibGuides - Remote Policy
• LibGuides - Research Process
• Beeghly Library Catalog
• OhioLINK Catalog
• Journal Finder
• Citation Finder
• Interlibrary Loan
• Research Guides
• Course Reserves
• My Account & Renewals
PLEASE NOTE: Beeghly Library will be physically closed to the public starting Friday, March 22nd until further notice due to campus closure. Email responses and online chat will be available during the hours below.
|Online Chat Hours||(hours for the 2020 Summer Semester)|
|Monday - Friday||9 AM - 5 PM|
Normal operating hours:
|Regular Library Hours||(hours during academic year)|
|Monday - Thursday||7:45 AM - 11 PM|
|Friday||7:45 AM - 5 PM|
|Saturday||9 AM - 1 PM|
|Sunday||1 PM - 11 PM|
|Front Desk||(419) 448-2104|
|Instructional Resource Center (IRC)||(419) 448-2136|
|Interlibrary Loan||(419) 448-2108|
|Library Director||(419) 448-2106|
|University Archives||(419) 448-2087|
A Heidelberg ID card or a Beeghly Library patron card is necessary for materials to be checked out. Area residents may use the library by purchasing a Community Card; adults $5, students $2. Community members under 18-years-old must be with a parent to sign up for a card.
Loan Periods & Fines
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Renewals||Fines|
|Periodicals||Library use only||N/A||N/A|
|Government documents||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|CDs & records||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|DVDs & videos||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK books||21 days||6||$.50/day|
|OhioLINK media*||7 days||none||$.50/day|
|*videos, DVDs, CDs, CD-ROMs|
|Reserve items||set by professor||none||$.50/hour|
|Laptops||2 hours inside library||4||$.50/hour|
|Headphones and computer cables||2 hours inside library||4||$.50/hour|
- Undergraduate students may borrow a total of 50 items at a time. Graduate students, faculty, and staff may borrow up to 200 items.
- Community patrons may borrow up to 5 items at a time. All materials are subject to a 24-hour recall if needed by someone in the Heidelberg community.
- Community patrons may use the library computers to do research using the library catalog, databases, and government resources.
- Items may be renewed online, by calling the library, 419-448-2104, or by bringing the item in. To renew online, click on My Account.
- Renewals can only be made within 7 days of the item’s due date. Renewals made after the item is overdue will have the amount of the fine added to the patron record.
- Renewals will be denied if a hold has been placed on an item.
Fines and Overdue Materials
- A fine of $10 or more on a patron’s record will block their account and prevent them from borrowing items or requesting items from OhioLINK.
- There is a 7 day grace period for items that circulate 21 days. Fines for items returned after that period will start from the original due date.
- Materials not returned within 30 days after the due date are considered lost and the patron will be charged a replacement fee of $125. The fine is reduced to $50 when the item is returned.
- All fines may be paid in the library. Unpaid fines are periodically sent to the Business Office and must be paid there.