03/17/22: Heidelberg Lifting Mask Mandate Friday!
02/25/22: COVID Update for Employees
11/09/2021: Deadline Approaching for COVID-19 Vaccination
Information for the Spring 2022 semester was communicated to the Heidelberg community in the email dated December 13, 2021.
All members of the HU community will wear masks in indoor spaces, if not in a personal office space.
- The Office of Admission is open for visits on Monday through Friday. Visit start times are 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 PM, 1PM and 2 PM. We are scheduling up to three families for each time slot.
- All visitors will be required to wear a facial covering during their campus visit. If you don't have one, you'll be supplied with a facial covering. Your visit will include a campus tour and sit-down with an admission counselor. Meeting with athletic coaches must be pre-arranged.
- Schedule a Visit
- Athletics will follow all NCAA guidelines to safely participate in Division III competition. Updates will be posted when they become available.
- Members of the Heidelberg community and visitors attending athletic contests should be aware of the following new and existing protocols while on campus.
- All on-campus recreational facilities, including Saurwein Health & Wellness Center, are currently open to members of the Heidelberg community and Tiffin YMCA Members.
- Saurwein Health & Wellness Center fall hours begin August 18.
- Heidelberg will fully open our campus in August and resume classes and activities for the Fall 2021 semester. As with the recently concluded 2020-21 academic year, we will again offer two options for course delivery for the fall. Please see the email dated May 26, 2021 for more information.
- Heidelberg University's priority continues to be the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff, and visitors to campus. Heidelberg will again offer a Residential Learning Option and a Remote Learning Option for the spring 2022 term. Please see the email dated October 26, 2021 for more information.
- Classes in the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 were delivered via a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, online, and combinations thereof. A variety of delivery modalities are again being employed this fall to enhance the safety and wellbeing of students and faculty alike. These include seated classes with physical distancing and facial coverings, hybrid seated-online classes with a rotating portion of the students attending the seated sessions, fully synchronous online classes, and fully asynchronous online classes. Academic departments and instructors, with guidance by the Owen Center for Teaching and Learning, Academic Affairs, and Human Resources, determined the best modality for each course.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been distributed across campus. Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be provided for surface cleaning before and/or after class. The Krammes staff will deep clean academic rooms daily.
- The HYPE Career Ready & Placement Office is located in the Office of Student Engagement on the third floor of Campus Center.
- HYPE Day Keynote Speakers are scheduled to be back in person for Fall 2021!
- HYPE Day sessions will also be offered on campus with a select number of sessions available online. All physical distancing and masking rules will apply to on-campus HYPE sessions.
- More information for current students on the HYPE Career Ready® Program can be found on Inside Heidelberg.
- Dining facilities are open. Students are limited to 4 per table to the max of 6 at some of the high tops.
- Current dining capacity in Hoernemann has been reduced to 175 guests. Once capacities are met in the Hoernemann, students will be rerouted to the Rock Creek location.
- Partnering with Heidelberg University. We strongly believe we can successfully accommodate all CDC, Ohio Department of Health and Seneca County recommendations.
- In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, each table will be completely cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized after each sitting as well as disinfecting high traffic touch points every 15 minutes.
- The Berg Bistro 1850 will remain closed. All your Bistro favorites will be available for take-out only by using the GET mobile App. Pick-ups for those items are available at the Hoernemann Entrance by the register.
- Until further notice, the Miller Hall entrance to Hoernemann will remain closed for the remainder of the semester.
- A late-night dining option will continue in Hoernemann this term from 8:30 PM to 10 PM featuring CINCO CANTINA. This feature includes beverages and desserts.
- Follow Parkhurst Dining's Heidelberg social media for the latest news, changes, or pop-ups.
- Common spaces are being de-densified as much as possible. Lounges, Laundry Rooms, and any other public spaces will identify Heidelberg protocols so students are constantly reminded of safety features.
- Occupancy in residence halls will remain the same as we usually house students.
- Overnight guests are not permitted in the Residence Halls.
- 3-foot distancing is required in all areas.
- CSC Serviceworks has provided best Laundry Room physical distancing practices.
- Please see the list of What to Bring to the Residence Halls for more information on items allowed.
- Classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized once/day.
- Sanitizing cleaner is available in classrooms.
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces are being cleaned daily. Cleaning supplies will be available, and employees are encouraged to clean and disinfect their personal workspaces throughout the workday.
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout offices and buildings. Employees are welcome to bring their own hand sanitizer. A product with at least 60% alcohol content is recommended.
- All students and employees were asked to sign the Heidelberg Pledge of Healthy and Safety.
- Students have access to counseling services while classes are in session. The Stoner Health and Counseling Center does not provide counseling services during summer and winter breaks.
- All patients are to wear facial coverings at all times while in Stoner Health & Counseling Center.
- No visitors to accompany patients.
- Counseling will provide both in person and telehealth services, in accordance with Ohio Administrative Code. Telehealth services will be provided via Google Meet, including a BAA ensuring appropriate privacy of information for students. Face to face sessions will be provided at the discretion of the professional staff, while incorporating the students best interest. A minimum of one professional staff will be present during all office hours. Any workshop, group therapy, outreach program, or other interactive event will take the necessary steps in order to ensure all Heidelberg University campus member's safety.
- For health services, please call the Stoner Health & Counseling Center at 419-448-2041 to schedule an appointment. No walk-in appointments.
- Janelle Baldosser, Director of Stoner Health & Counseling Center: jbaldoss [at] heidelberg.edu, 419-448-2042
- Chris Abrams, Dean of Student Affairs: cabrams [at] heidelberg.edu, 419-448-2062
- Julie Arnold, Director of Intercultural Student Affairs: jarnold3 [at] heidelberg.edu, 419-448-2953
- Bryan Smith, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost: bsmith3 [at] heidelberg.edu
Last updated: December 13, 2021, 2:25 PM EDT.