If you are more comfortable, you are welcome to wear a mask at any time. We will continue to make masks available across campus for those who would like one. It is up to your discretion whether you continue to wear a mask or you decide not to wear one. We encourage empathy and understanding, regardless of an individual’s masking choice.
Physical distancing is not currently required on Heidelberg’s campus.
Please continue to notify Stoner Health & Counseling Center (students) or Human Resources (employees) if you are symptomatic, have a positive test or have been identified as a close contact, so that respective Health Center and HR personnel can direct your quarantine and/or isolation.
Here are the current quarantine and isolation guidelines from the CDC.
The Office of Admission is open for individual and group visits. Registration is available online.
- Athletics will follow all NCAA guidelines to safely participate in Division III competition. Updates will be posted when they become available. There are no NCAA testing requirements for competition at this time.
- Members of the Heidelberg community and visitors attending athletic contests should be aware of the following new and existing protocols while on campus.
- All on-campus recreational facilities, including Saurwein Health & Wellness Center, are currently open to members of the Heidelberg community and Tiffin YMCA Members.
- Saurwein Health & Wellness Center fall hours begin August 18.
- Heidelberg will fully open our campus in August 2022 and resume classes and activities for the Fall 2022 semester. All classes will be delivered via the modality assigned in OASIS. Students may review the modality abbreviations and definitions here.
- Heidelberg University's priority continues to be the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff, and visitors to campus.
- Heidelberg University will continue to follow current CDC guidance on quarantine, isolation, and contact tracing procedures.
- Classrooms have been restored to full seating capacity.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been distributed across campus. Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be provided for surface cleaning before and/or after class.
- The HYPE Career Ready & Placement Office is located on the first floor of University Hall, Suite 118.
- HYPE Day Keynote Speakers and sessions will be in person for Fall 2022. A select number of sessions will be available online. Please contact the HYPE office at HYPE [at] heidelberg.edurel="noreferrer noopener" target="_blank" if you are quarantined or isolated on a HYPE Day to make arrangements for online attendance.
- HYPE Day sessions will also be offered on campus with a select number of sessions available online.
- More information for current students on the HYPE Career Ready® Program can be found on Inside Heidelberg.
- Dining facilities are open with no seating limitations, including Rock Creek and the Berg Bistro 1850. Please note that the Rock Creek Cafe is now a retail location, no longer accepting meal swipes for payment. Cash, credit, Berg Bucks and Flex Dollars are welcome.
- The current dining capacity in Hoernemann Refectory has returned to normal.
- Partnering with Heidelberg University, Parkhurst Dining strongly believes we can successfully accommodate all CDC, Ohio Department of Health and Seneca County health recommendations.
- In addition to our regular cleaning schedule, each table will be completely cleaned, disinfected, and sanitized after each sitting as well as disinfecting high traffic touch points.
- The Berg Bistro 1850 will reopen this fall. All your Bistro favorites will be available for dine-in or take-out. Follow us on social media for our new hours of operation. Plus, you can still order your favorites by using the GET mobile App. Call-in orders will no longer be accepted at the Bistro. Pick-ups for those items are available at the Berg Bistro.
- Returning this fall, both entrances to Hoernemann will be open. Please note the entrance to Hoernemann, The HeidelBeanside, will follow The Heidelbean hours of operation.
- A late-night dining option will continue in Hoernemann this term from 8:30 PM to 10 PM featuring CINCO CANTINA, Friday and Saturday only. This option includes beverages and desserts.
- Follow Parkhurst Dining's Heidelberg social media for the latest news, changes or pop-ups.
- Occupancy in residence halls will remain the same as we usually house students.
- Overnight guests are not permitted in the Residence Halls.
- CSC Serviceworks has provided best Laundry Room physical distancing practices.
- Please see the list of What to Bring to the Residence Halls for more information on items allowed.
- Heidelberg maintains improved ventilation in indoor spaces whenever possible, including utilizing our state-of-the-art air purification units placed in all dorm rooms and throughout campus.
- Classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized once/day.
- Sanitizing cleaner is available in classrooms.
- Common areas and frequently touched surfaces are being cleaned daily. Cleaning supplies will be available, and employees are encouraged to clean and disinfect their personal workspaces throughout the workday.
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout offices and buildings. Employees are welcome to bring their own hand sanitizer. A product with at least 60% alcohol content is recommended.
- All students and employees are required to complete the primary COVID-19 vaccine series. It is highly recommended that those eligible should complete their booster(s) as well. Medical exemptions and Religious Belief exemptions are available for those who would like one.
- Students have access to counseling services while classes are in session. The Stoner Health and Counseling Center does not provide counseling services during summer and winter breaks. Counseling will provide both in-person and telehealth services, in accordance with the Ohio Administrative Code. Telehealth services will be provided via Google Meet, including a BAA ensuring appropriate privacy of information for students. Face-to-face sessions will be provided at the discretion of the professional staff while incorporating the students' best interests. A minimum of one professional staff will be present during all office hours. Any workshop, group therapy, outreach program or other interactive events will take the necessary steps to ensure all Heidelberg University campus members' safety.
- All patients are to wear facial coverings at all times while in Stoner Health & Counseling Center.
- No visitors to accompany patients.
- For health services, please call the Stoner Health & Counseling Center at 419-448-2041 to schedule an appointment. No walk-in appointments.
- Janelle Baldosser, Director of Stoner Health & Counseling Center: jbaldoss [at] heidelberg.edudata-extlink="", 419-448-2042
- Chris Abrams, Dean of Student Affairs: cabrams [at] heidelberg.edudata-extlink="", 419-448-2062
- Bryan Smith, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost: bsmith3 [at] heidelberg.edudata-extlink=""
- Leslie Erwin, Chief Human Resources Officer: lerwin [at] heidelberg.edu, 419-448-2111
Last updated: December 13, 2021, 2:25 PM EDT.