Heidelberg University is providing the information below in the event any member of the campus community is experiencing symptoms that may indicate a COVID infection. Please know that policies and procedures will continue to be reviewed as circumstances change.
For those experiencing symptoms of COVID:
- Individuals with symptoms of COVID should wear a well-fitting mask and follow the CDC guidelines for testing. Rapid antigen tests are available outside of the Stoner Health & Counseling Center and in Campus Safety & Security.
- Students may schedule an appointment with Stoner Health & Counseling Center to obtain testing and receive a medical evaluation
For those who test positive for COVID:
- All HU community members are still encouraged to report their positive tests. All students should notify the Stoner Health & Counseling Center and faculty/staff should notify Human Resources. A nurse will review the information and contact you detailing your isolation instructions.
- All members of the campus community who test positive should follow the CDC guidelines for isolation. In general, the CDC recommends isolation for at least 5 full days, with masking through the 10th day.
- After the first five days of isolation, those who have tested positive for COVID-19 no longer need to have a negative antigen test before leaving isolation.
- That said, those who tested positive should have improving symptoms – including no fever for 24 hours (without using fever-reducing medications) – before ending isolation after the fifth day.
- After leaving isolation, you should wear a well-fitting mask when around others during days 6-10.
Isolation support for students living on campus:
- Isolation housing will no longer be offered on campus.
- Students are encouraged to go home to isolate, if possible. Students living on campus should isolate in their residence hall rooms and wear a mask when in hallways or common areas.
- Students should have a friend pick up their meal while in isolation. Anyone who has questions regarding food service should call Parkhurst Dining at 419-448-2446.
- Please note that healthy roommates/suitemates will no longer be offered separate housing from someone in isolation.
Individuals who have been exposed to COVID:
- Healthy roommates/suitemates and others who believe they may have been exposed to COVID should follow CDC exposure guidelines, including wearing a well-fitting mask when around others.
- Please note that the university is no longer performing contact tracing or providing individual exposure notifications.
- Masking is not required on campus. However, those who wish to wear masks may do so.
- Individuals with symptoms of COVID, who have recently completed isolation for COVID, or who have been exposed to COVID should wear a well-fitting mask, as per CDC guidelines.
- Masks are available outside of the Stoner Health & Counseling Center.
- While COVID vaccination is not required for campus community members, individuals are strongly encouraged to remain up to date on their vaccines.
- Rapid antigen tests are available outside of the Health & Counseling Center.
- Students with symptoms may make an appointment with Stoner Health & Counseling for a medical evaluation which may include testing, if indicated.