Heidelberg has welcomed 362 new students to campus this fall. This includes 333 first-time, first-year students and 29 transfer students. According to President Rob Huntington, who officially welcomed the Class of 2023 with the campus community during Opening Convocation, they bring a wealth of talent, energy, diversity and accomplishments.
A deeper dive into the demographics of the class reveal some interesting statistics about their makeup:
- 8% are from Tiffin and Seneca County
- 12% are from Heidelberg legacy families
- 13% are in our Honors program
- 18% are from outside Ohio
- 18% identify as underrepresented students
- 20% completed during Scholars Days
- 43% are first-generation college students
- 45% are females and 54% are males
- 65% are DIII student-athletes
“And 100% of our incoming students are ready to succeed at Heidelberg,” the president said.
Academically, the class is gifted as well, with 54 (16%) are entering Heidelberg with a 4.0 or higher GPA in high school. The class’s average GPA is 3.48 and the average ACT is 22 – both marks higher than the previous two years.
Geographically, Heidelberg welcomes undergraduates from 15 states, eight countries (including the U.S.) and two U.S. military bases.
Read President Huntington’s Opening Convocation remarks here.