Heidelberg University is continuing the campus initiative It's On Us for the 2018-19 school year, starting with the the pledge campaign the week of Oct. 21.
It’s On Us chapters across the country, including Heidelberg, are participating in a weeklong pledge drive next week during the Fall Week of Action beginning Sunday. The national It's On Us campaign has set a goal of having over 100,000 students take the nationwide pledge to help raise awareness and fight against the issue of sexual assault on college campuses. The campaign urges the public to step away from the sidelines to be an active part of the solution.
During the week, students are encouraged to take the online pledge which includes the following statements:
- To recognize that non-consensual sex is sexual assault
- To identify situations in which sexual assault might occur
- To intervene in situations where consent has not or cannot be given
- To create an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported
Events for the week include a consent workshop, the Health and Wellness Fair and several student-led pledge drives.
Schedule of Events
- Fall Week of Action
- Sign-up table in Hoernemann Refectory, 11:00 a.m.
*T-shirts (while supplies last) for students who take the pledge during this time
- Consent Workshop in University Commons, 11:00 a.m.
*Skill-building activities, videos, and other activities
- Health and Wellness Fair in Wickham Great Hall, 11:00 a.m.
*Students can visit the student organization SLAMH to take the pledge
- Final Pledge Countdown in Hoernemann Refectory, 11:30 a.m.