The Adjunct Instructor of Business provides instruction to undergraduate students in any of the following course subjects: Business, Accounting, Management, Marketing, Economics, and Finance.
Reports directly to the Dean of the School of Business.
The Adjunct Instructor of Business may supervise student workers in the department.
The Adjunct Instructors of Business will:
● Teach courses in Accounting, Marketing, Management, Business, Finance, and/or Economics. ● Utilize innovative and collaborative teaching methods in support of the Department’s mission and learning objectives.
● Perform other essential duties as assigned/as outlined in the Faculty Manual.
(B) College-level teaching experience
(A) JD, CPA or PhD in Management, Marketing, or a related field. ABD considered with degree completion before hire date.
(B) Documented background in Business, Management, or Marketing.
(C) Two years college-level teaching experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability to relate to a diverse cross-section of individuals.
● Must demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
● Demonstrated strong commitment to student centered active learning and student engagement activities.
● Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
● Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
● Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
● A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
● Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Knowledge of operation and use of various office equipment including, but not limited to: personal computer, including spreadsheet and word processing software, integrated database software, fax machine, copier, telephone, scanner, and printers. A valid driver’s license may be required.
For consideration, complete the online application.