International Admission Requirements

International students are a critical part of our academic community. The admission process helps us get to know you so we can provide you with a great educational experience.

Application Steps

  1. Apply for admission.
  2. Submit your required official documents by mail, preferably in one package to:
         International Admission
         Heidelberg University
         310 E. Market St.
         Tiffin, OH USA 44883
  3. Request that your 1-20 be shipped to you using eshipglobal. You will select your preference for FedEx, UPS, or DHL, and pay the associated shipping fees.
  4. Pay the SEVIS fee.
  5. Apply for your U.S. Visa.
  6. Notify Heidelberg when you obtain your U.S. visa by scanning a copy of the visa to

*Transfer students from a U.S. institution do not need to complete steps 4-6. Instead, please complete the Transfer In form with the assistance of the International Student Advisor at your current school.

Application Deadlines

  • Fall early action: December 1
  • Fall semester: June 1 
  • Spring semester: November 1
  • Summer semester: April 1

Required Materials

SAT or ACT scores are not required for undergraduate international applicants, but may assist in increasing awarded scholarships. GRE and GMAT are NOT required for graduate admission.

Requirement How to Submit Additional Details
Application Form Online There is no application fee. Graduate applicants should see program specific requirements. 
Official High School/Secondary School Academic Records Mail Only undergraduate applicants are required to submit High School/Secondary academic records.
Official College/University Academic Records, if applicable Mail Official transcripts not requiring a NACES evaluation or from a school within the US must be mailed directly from the school.

Official transcripts requiring a NACES evaluation:

1. Choose an agency from the NACES website.
2. Request a "course-by-course" evaluation.
3. Have NACES agency send transcript evaluation directly to Heidelberg University.

Affidavit of Financial Support Upload with application U.S. visa regulations require students to submit documented evidence of the amount of financial support that will be available from personal resources as well as any additional resources. 
Evidence of Financial Support Mail Please submit at least one of the following:
• A letter from your financial institution to prove financial support
• A letter from your sponsor (government or employers only) to prove financial support
• A bank statement dated within the last six months that reflects the amount for tuition, fees, room and board, and mandatory health insurance for a minimum of one year. If the bank statement is from someone other than yourself, also submit a letter from them stating their relationship to you and that they are funding your education.
Proof of English Language Proficiency Upload with application Must have scores from a testing agency or submit proof of admissibility via other suitable forms. Scores must be recent to within one year of the date of application to the University. If scores are below the minimum required, admission into our Heidelberg English Language Institute (HELI) may be granted.
Goal/ Personal Statement Upload with application Undergraduates
It is optional for you to submit a personal statement explaining why you want to attend Heidelberg, your background, and your goals. 
Goal statements are specific to each graduate program.
Letters of Recommendation Upload with application Undergraduates
Not required.
Students must submit the names and contact information for 3 individuals who will submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf. (not required for MBA students)
Copy of Passport Upload with application A valid passport is needed to receive your I-20 form for your visa interview.
Copy of U.S. Visa and I-20, if applicable Upload with application Students transferring from an institution within the U.S. should send their current visa and I-20.
Visa Transfer Form, if applicable Fax or email Applicants currently residing in the U.S. with an F-1 visa will need to submit this form, which will be enclosed with the acceptance letter. Please inform the Admission Office if you want to change from a different visa status to an F-1.

Fax: 1-419-448-2334


Mailing Address: 
International Admission
310 E. Market St.
Tiffin, OH USA 44883

Heidelberg University is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students. International students must follow US visa and immigration policies. International Baccalaureate Diploma students are granted sophomore status at Heidelberg.

Exchange Students

Students from the following universities will work with their respective advisors to complete the International Exchange Application.

  • Universität Heidelberg (Germany)
  • Miyagi Gakuin (Japan)
  • University of Ulsan (South Korea)
  • Business Academy Aarhus (Denmark)
  • Hanze University of Applied Sciences (The Netherlands)
  • Heilongjiang International University (China)
  • Tianjin Normal University (China)

Additional documentation may be required upon request. Questions regarding exchange applications should be directed to Julie Arnold, Director of International Affairs & Studies at or +1 (419) 448-2953.

Established Agent Relationships

Heidelberg University works with select agents in the recruitment of international students. Our current partners include: 

  • Capstone Vietnam
  • Career Mosaic
  • University Study, Inc. 
  • Haowen Cultural Foundation

Upcoming Events

Recent News at Heidelberg

More Campus News