Heidelberg University is hiring a pool of bus drivers to transport students for athletic and extracurricular events during the academic year (August 2022 through May 2023). The rate of pay is $19/hour.
Reporting to the Custodial Operations and Transportation Manager, the part-time Bus Driver will provide transportation to athletics and other extracurricular groups using University-owned buses.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Custodial Operations and Transportation Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Bus drivers do not provide direct supervision of employees.
- Safely transports students and employees to various locations as needed in University vehicles.
- Reports maintenance needs or mechanical issues to supervisor.
- Communicates with Krammes and athletic department staff regularly for scheduling trips.
- Assists passengers on and off the bus when help is needed.
- Visually inspects the bus before beginning assigned routes.
- Prepares an observation report when route is finished.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
(A) HS diploma
(B) Valid CDL with passenger endorsement
(A) Three years of driving experience in CDL large passenger vehicle
- Outstanding oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to drive at night and weekends/holidays, including occasional overnight trips.
- Ability to relate to diverse cross-sections of individuals.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Extensive knowledge of motor vehicle laws.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Knowledge of operation and use of various motor vehicle operations including basic mechanical needs of diesel vehicles for reporting maintenance issues.
For consideration, complete the online application.