Heidelberg University, located in Tiffin, Ohio, is seeking qualified candidates passionate about sharing their knowledge, implementing strategies for student engagement and success, and building a community of education excellence. Heidelberg University seeks a dynamic individual to fill the immediate need for a Director of The Heidelberg Fund. This position is in the University Advancement & Marketing Division. Heidelberg University offers a strong liberal arts curriculum and professional education programs with the mission of personal, intellectual, and professional development, leading to a life of purpose with distinction.
Heidelberg University is a student-focused community with a significant commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty, staff, and students. Individuals who value, demonstrate, and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion are preferred candidates for Heidelberg’s vacant positions. Additionally, we are seeking staff and faculty members who are interested in positively contributing to vital University initiatives in student recruitment, engagement, retention, success, persistence, graduation and placement.
Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement & Marketing, the Director of The Heidelberg Fund will develop and implement strategies to ensure the success and growth of a $1M+ comprehensive annual giving program as an integral component of Heidelberg University’s overall institutional advancement program. This includes outreach efforts to alumni and friends, trustees, faculty, staff, parents, current students, corporations and businesses. This position will lead all annual giving tasks including: developing marketing strategies; making personal visits; supporting fundraising planning efforts; working with volunteers and students; evaluating solicitation outcomes and researching tactics.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience, qualifications and abilities, including:
- A bachelor’s degree and 2 – 3 years of successful experience in a college or university development operation.
- Experience working with an integrated database like Banner or other CRM.
- Understanding of Advancement work, including alumni/volunteer management, fund raising and campaign strategies.
- Skilled in annual unrestricted or restricted giving.
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and appreciation for a liberal arts tradition.
- Commitment and a demonstrated record of academic excellence with professional and personal integrity.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and problem- solving skills.
- A demonstrated work ethic that promotes teamwork, enhances creativity and motivation, and builds consensus in a high-energy and high-task environment.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
In addition, the ideal candidate will model Heidelberg University’s core values of integrity, honesty, humility, transparency, respectfulness, diversity, caring, loyalty, and accountability in all work.
How to Apply
For consideration, complete the online application. Candidates should upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and professional references.
Expected Closing Date
Review of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Heidelberg University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply for all postings.