Per President Rob Huntington, in response to the ever-growing COVID-19 pandemic and in our effort to do everything we can to protect the safety, health and well-being of our entire community, the Heidelberg University campus will be closed, effective at 5 p.m. Sunday, March 22, 2020, for the rest of the semester. As previously announced, all courses will be delivered remotely, which will continue through the end of the semester.
This decision was based on currently available information, which continues to change rapidly and which we continue to monitor closely. The university has relied upon the strong directions and guidance of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Ohio Department of Health and our local Seneca County Health District in our decision-making.
- All courses for the rest of the semester are being delivered online beginning on Monday, March 23.
- Heidelberg is assisting and preparing all students for online learning. Faculty members are in contact with their classes to share logistics of remote classes. Please email the Office of Academic Affairs firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- All campus events during the Spring 2020 semester have been cancelled.
- It is with great regret and sadness that the 2020 Commencement ceremony, scheduled for Sunday, May 17, is being cancelled. Graduates will still be awarded their degrees. We know this is very disappointing for many of you, but we are working on the most appropriate ways to award and recognize our graduating seniors.
- Heidelberg will be providing a pro-rated refund for all graduating seniors for the cost of room and meal plans for the remainder of the semester, from March 22 through May 17.
- Undergraduate students returning in the Fall of 2020 will receive a pro-rated refund for room and meal plans for the remainder of the semester, which can be applied to room and board for the Fall 2020 semester. Students with questions about refunds or credit should contact the Business Office at email@example.com.
- For students seeking off-campus internet access, please see the campus email dated March 19, 2020.
Heidelberg University is actively working to address your questions and share timely information. We welcome your questions as we work to develop a list of FAQs for this rapidly evolving situation. Please ask your questions in the coronavirus form and we will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
The following messaged have been communicated to the campus community in response to COVID-19.
- 03/26/2020: Room and Board (meals) Refunds Posted in Student OASIS Accounts
- 03/26/2020: Heidelberg University - Notification of a Report of Symptoms
- 03/26/2020: Instructions for Pass/Fail and Withdraw Options
- 03/25/2020: Setting Up Your Remote Connection to Health, Counseling Services
- 03/25/2020: Fall 2020 Student Group Academic Advising Sessions
- 03/24/2020: Student Mental, Physical, and Spiritual Health During COVID-19 Pandemic
- 03/23/2020: Stay At Home Order & Heidelberg University Employees
- 03/23/2020: Spring 2020 Room & Meals (Board) Refunds Are Underway
- 03/23/2020: Bookstore, Office Services Hours, Package Pick-up
- 03/23/2020: Commencement 2020 Understanding and Partial Graduation Fee Refund
- 03/20/2020: Bookstore, Office Services Hours, Package Pick-up
- 03/20/2020: Pass/Fail and Withdraw Options
- 03/20/2020: Locking of Campus Buildings
- 03/19/2020: Message to Alumni from President Huntington on COVID-19
- 03/19/2020: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Employee Update (Part 2)
- 03/19/2020: Resources for Students Who Need Internet Connectivity
- 03/18/2020: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Employee Update
- 03/18/2020: COVID-19 Academic Affairs Campus Update
- 03/17/2020: Coronavirus Update: Online Classes Now Starting Monday, March 23 / Move-Out Information
- 03/16/2020: Coronavirus Update: Heidelberg University Campus Closing as of March 22, 2020
- 03/15/2020: Meal Availability Beginning Monday, March 16, 2020
- 03/13/2020: COVID-19 Update
- 03/13/2020: Academic Affairs Leadership Team Update
- 03/12/2020: OAC Spring Sports Season Canceled
- 03/12/2020: Employee FAQs
- 03/11/2020: Heidelberg University Precautionary Measures
- 03/11/2020: Teaching Continuity Plan & Instructional Support for Faculty
- 03/06/2020: President Huntington's Message for the Campus Community
- 03/06/2020: Message for Students in the American Junior Year Program
- 03/06/2020: Message for Students Traveling to the Model United Nations Far West Conference
- 03/06/2020: Message about the Tianjin Normal University Partnership
Mercy Health Flu Clinic (Tiffin, Ohio)
The Mercy Health Tiffin Walk in Care has suspended normal business hours and services provided and has transitioned to the Mercy Health Flu Clinic.
The Flu Clinic is designated for patients with a fever OR have a fever and are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
These symptoms include: cough,shortness of breath, sore throat, headaches, fatigue, muscle and/or body aches, runny or stuffy nose
COVID TESTING IS NOT DONE
Mercy Health Tiffin Flu Clinic
2495 W. Market Street
Tiffin, Ohio 44883
Mercy Health Flu Clinic Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For more information about novel coronavirus, trusted sources of information are listed below.
You may also reach out to the Stoner Health & Counseling Center on campus at 419-448-2041. Students should call the before going, if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 novel coronavirus.
Contact info for key personnel on campus
Janelle Baldosser, Director of Stoner Health & Counseling Center: firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-448-2042
Chris Abrams, Dean of Student Affairs: email@example.com, 419-448-2062
Julie Arnold, Director of International Affairs & Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-448-2953
Beth Schwartz, Vice President for Academic Affairs & Provost: email@example.com, 419-448-2202
Last updated: March 26, 2020, 2:35 PM EDT
This page will be updated as/if necessary.